Report an Incident
Not all incidents become claims, but employees can file a claim up to one year after the incident. Documenting the string of events that lead to the incident while the information is fresh in your mind will increase understanding for all if it should evolve into a claim.
You can report an incident online or, if you were provided an incident packet, you can email or fax a completed incident report to ERNwest.
All Claims Are Unique.
If you haven’t filled out an incident report or need more information, please call your ERNwest claims manager so they are aware and can guide you through the process. If you don’t know your claims manager, please fill out our Find Your Claims Manager form.
When Should I Call Labor and Industries?
Contact L&I when there is a death, probable death or in-patient hospitalization. Download our Serious or Fatal Injury Packet to guide you through best practices and requirements following the initial emergency response.
NOTE: Employers must report to L&I the death or in-patient hospitalization of any employee (within 8 hours) and any nonhospitalized amputation or loss of eye (within 24 hours) due to an on-the-job injury by calling 1-800-423-7233.
If you have any indication that a claim might be re-opened please call your ERNwest claims manager.
These are just some of the questions your ERNwest team can help you answer.
- What if my employee was injured on the job and did not return to work?
- What do I do if my employee has restrictions?
- What if the witness statement does not match the incident report, or there are red flags on the claim?
- Why should I avoid having Labor and Industries pay Time Loss?
- What if my employee sustained a work-related injury that did not allow them to come back to their job immediately?
- What is a reasonable time to expect them back and what do I do?
- When should I utillize KOS (Kept on Salary)? Is it always beneficial to do so?