Services and Expertise
For nearly 25 years ERNwest has been helping employers like you save money, time, and frustration on their Workers’ Compensation programs and have earned a reputation as one of the most effective and knowledgeable companies in the state. Our highly experienced and trained staff works as a team to get to know your business, which allows us to provide you with guidance and advice that is right for your company.
I have been very grateful to have such a competent claims manager to work with. I recently took on my role after my predecessor accepted another position. They really helped me to get up to speed quickly.
Safety Performance & Compliance
A safer workplace is more profitable, more productive, and more likely to benefit from programs such as Retrospective Rating.
For more than 20 years the ERNwest safety and loss control team has been delivering professional safety services to Washington State businesses.
We are industry experts who will work with your company to proactively identify and analyze workers compensation risk and to support your business providing practical efficient solutions to help you minimize loss and to achieve sustained safety performance.
Our team include past Labor and Industry compliance inspectors, Certified Safety Professionals, Construction Health and Safety Technicians and a Certified Industrial Hygienist. We are actively engaged within the Washington State safety community and participate in numerous boards, organizations and committees. We are committed to supporting Washington State businesses in their journey to safety excellence.
- Proactive Approach: Our team are experts in injury prevention and are trained to proactively identify and engage with companies to avert impacting costs that will affect your business.
- Performance Driven: Using key performance indicators to proactively identify risk and provide resources to drive sustained safety performance.
- Business Centric Solutions: Understanding the challenges Washington State businesses face and pride themselves on providing practical and user-friendly solutions.
- Excellent Customer Service: We pride ourselves on excellent customer service.
Our Claims Team has the most experience in Washington, utilizing the right resources at the right time, making sure claims are managed efficiently and effectively and keeping your best interest and bottom line in mind.
If you’re facing a workers’ compensation claim that is simple, complex, or somewhere in between, ERNwest has you covered. We take an upfront and proactive approach, managing claims from the beginning so that there is the least impact to your bottom line. Our philosophy is simple: to make sure injured workers get the appropriate medical treatment for their work-related injury, so they can get back to work as soon as possible.
- We assign one point of contact to get to know your business.
- We guide claims efficiently and effectively to closure, with an upfront, proactive approach.
- We ensure claims are valid and injured workers get the appropriate medical care they need.
- We continually monitor the severity of claims and keep your best interests in mind.
Retrospective Rating (Retro)
Retro is the only way to earn premium refunds from Labor and Industries. We specialize in managing programs that help our employers maximize their potential. Our level of knowledge and expertise is unsurpassed.
Retro is an optional financial incentive program offered by the Department of Labor and Industries to help qualifying employers reduce their industrial insurance costs. Employers can enroll on their own, or in group plans sponsored by trade associations and/or professional organizations. At ERNwest we represent 8 Associations which encompass over 4000 employers. Our experience has allowed us to deliver consistent refunds, efficiently manage your claims, and help keep your workplace safe.
Get started today and fill out our no-obligation release form to see if you qualify.
Some of our Retro partners, from all industries, are:
- Washington Health Care Association
- Washington Hospitality Association
- Master Builders/GRIP
- Washington Food Industry Association
- Life Science Washington
- Washington Pharmacy Association
- Washington McDonalds Operators Association
- Washington State Dental Association
Return To Work (RTW)
RTW is by far the best way to eliminate time loss and control costs. We provide the needed resources to help you return injured workers back to light duty work and reap added benefits.
If there is a workplace injury that results in an employee being restricted from regular job duties, the most crucial step is to return them to work as safely and quickly as possible by offering physically appropriate modified duty. This can be accomplished by either adjusting the employee’s normal job or placing them in an entirely new position. Most employees want to return to work and, by doing so, get better quicker.
- Retain maximum control of a claim and protect your workers’ comp rates.
- Close claims faster and deter fraudulent claims.
- Limit KOS expenses.
- Collect wage, training and supply reimbursements through L&I’s Stay at Work (SAW) program.
Stay At Work (SAW)
The SAW program is offered by Washington State as an incentive for employers to keep employees at work in a light duty capacity.
L&I will reimburse up to 66 work days, $10,000 or 50% of the modified duty wages you pay, and may also reimburse you for any tools, equipment, or training your employee needs to return to work. For more information on the specifics of the program click here to be directed to the Labor and Industries site.
Our professional SAW managers work on your behalf to:
- Complete reimbursement applications.
- Track reimbursements through receipt of a check from L&I.
- Monitor L&I claim reports and alert you to any new reimbursement opportunities.